The Oklahoma Department of Libraries has awarded 64 grants to public libraries and other institutions to help them buy personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, and other materials.
The grant recipients and amounts include:
- Carnegie Public Library: $1,000
- Hobart Public Library: $1,000
- Lawton Public Library (two sites): $1,500
- Ringling (Gleason Memorial Library): $1,000
- Rush Springs (Glover Spencer Memorial Library): $550
- Southern Oklahoma Library System (8 sites): $4,000
Grant funds came from the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the federal CARES Act. ODL and other state libraries received funds to help libraries and cultural institutions respond to the public health crisis.
ODL is also offering grants to help improve digital inclusion at libraries, cultural centers, and museums. Recipients of those grants will be announced in July 2021.